Friday, December 26, 2008

Plans for 2009

Everyone has a plan for every New Year that comes along the way. The Immortal Undead is no exception. I have plans for 2009 as well, although these plans are no longer as small as my plans used to be. These are big, life-defining plans. These are plans that will have a major effect on my life and perhaps a few other lives as well.

Practice to become the keyboardist for the chapel

I'm not religious, and I don't plan to be. However, I want to give the people in this place where I live a new experience: to have a keyboard player join the local choir during the monthly mass on a Wednesday. It's not even a charity; I'm doing this to make sure people will not forget me when I die. It's for my own gain; I want the people in my neighborhood to remember me as the one who made a difference in their sorry lives and gave them something new. Besides, I wanted to die in a blaze of glory: next year might be my last, and this is my way to make sure I go out in a bang.

Become a better photographer

In a previous blog I mentioned that I am going to get myself my own digital single-lens reflex camera as a birthday gift for myself. This is part of my quest to take better pictures. True, it's not the bow, it's the Indian but an SLR gives me more creative opportunities much like my new keyboards gives me more options in expressing myself through music. In line with that saying, an Indian can hit farther targets with a longer bow etcetera etcetera. And then I shall use the people in this place as models. Again, this is to make sure they don't forget me as the person who gave them something new to look back to in their pathetic lives.

Learn financial independence

Because of everything that has happened to me in 2008, I realized I have to become financially independent so that no one can ever touch or meddle with my affairs even if it includes my own mother and father. Those two have touched the end of my patience; I'm no longer chummy to the idea that they have some sort of control over me even if I'm already at this age. No one has to right to bond me, parents included. This is my life and that's the way it should be, and financial independence is a good start.

That's about it. The three major plans that I have to put into motion when the New Year starts within a few days, and I will leap through rock and stone just to make them into reality. No longer will I be the passive and carefree person I used to be; for my own good, I have to start taking a hand and stop letting "destiny" guide me through the road I didn't even want to take.

No comments: