Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Undead Terrorizes Another Year

Waaaah! 2009 is here, and I am still here flaunting my undead ghastliness and cynicism. It turns out that i really couldn't die yet until I achieve what the fuck I am here for... unless I decide to take a more active hand really and commit suicide. I'm seriously considering that, but that's beside the point.

Let me sit back and tell you a few interesting takes on my past year, since this is the first day of the New Year.

  • First, my break-up with my "mature" girlfriend in February 2008. I need not go into details about this break-up, since I don't want to bore you with years-old stories and accounts which some people might think of disputing. What makes this interesting is how she went over to my house when I was away in Negros to whine about it, resulting in the persecution of my current girlfriend. Nobody's perfect yes but for me it was a fuckin' childish thing to do. And my aunt and mother's joint reactions to the new relationship is nothing but stupid and absurd. To hell with both of them this year!
  • My new-found love for music. I realized I really wanted to be a musician, and since they say it's never too late to start so I invested in time, patience and money to acquire a new trade: being a keyboardist. I never really had an idea that I'd need it later on, as a therapy to keep my inner demons at bay. I'd be working on this for the whole of 2009!
  • My decision to finally shed the facade that I have maintained for 8 years and become the fully fledged Undead that I am. I am not immortal like the Elves of Middle-Earth nor as compassionate and as wise as they are. I am the Undead, with all the ghoulish and ghastly associations that come with it. I will be myself in 2009 and woe be to those that wouldn't like what they would be seeing!
  • My continuing alcoholism and my deteriorating tolerance. When before I could drink up to 6 large bottles of Red Horse with a group without any problem, I realized now that I can only take up to two and start throwing up because my stomach has become too full and the acid starts to rise up my throat. I'll maintain that limit for 2009.
  • Last year I acquired a new connection: an American in Korea! Don used to be just an online buddy in XGAM, a forum I used to be active in. July last year Don visited the Philippines in what was supposed to be a three-day stay in Cebu but due to unfortunate circumstances the stay lengthened to a week. It had been an experience being host to a foreigner at your own home. I don't expect to make new ones in 2009. I'm simply not good at visitors.
  • The most interesting events had happened in the last Month of 2008, as if time was saving the best for last for me. I bought my new keyboards as planned, even earlier than planned, and even had the experience to go caroling house-to-house. Although most members considered it a negative experience, I simply don't. I'm going to make a few interesting experiences this year in 2009.
And oh, yeah this deserves its own paragraph. Near the end of December, I had the experience of actually almost dying. I was riding in a taxi at 5:30 a.m. and I noticed the car kept slightly swerving off the road. I looked at the rearview mirror and saw that the driver was nodding in sleep. The highway was almost deserted but nobody could second-guess that almighty Ceres bus that might plow through at high speed.

I was caught in two dilemmas: wake him up, or let him do his craft so we could die together. I was actually thrilled. The thought I could die without starting to pay for my keyboards never even occurred to me. However, I realized he might actually wake up of his own accord and drive normally, so I shocked him with a forceful slap to the head in the hope that he will get a heart attack and actually die. "Murder" never even crossed my mind.

In the end, he woke up and didn't get a heart attack. The Undead continue to live for another year. Like I said, the Undead cannot die... not yet. He has continued to live on and terrorize another year.

With pleasure. *insert evil laugh here*

Oh, hell, I think I've given you some sort of New Year's Resolution. Bummer.

Good luck for your 2009. May the Force be with you all.

No comments: